SAP harmonization opens up new opportunities
Good care pays off. This also applies to the data and structures in companies, especially master data. Those who ensure order here can control their processes better and work more efficiently.
Frequently asked questionsSee all questions
Cleaning made easy - best with GAMBIT
Fragmented system landscapes, no uniform cost center structure, proliferation of charts of accounts - this is the reality in many companies. When will you start your harmonization program?
Whether material master data, vendor master data or customer master data - we have the appropriate and SAP-certified tools for all variants of master data. May we show you our toolbox?
For your data and master data we do our utmost. We rely on proven tools and methods to efficiently cleanse your data - and on the experience of our consultants.
If the quality of the master data is not right, it will be difficult. The evaluation of the data is laborious and error-prone. We will be happy to help you change that. When do you have time for a chat?
Jochen Knösels, Senior Project ManagerDo you have any questions? I will be glad to help you.
+41 41 4184524
Global transparency for global players
Companies today are increasingly international and decentralized. In order to ensure process and cost efficiency, the key performance indicators must be transparent and comparable.
SAP in particular could make a decisive contribution here - provided that the system landscape has been configured with these premises in mind.
However, the reality is often different:
- System landscapes are fragmented,
- there is a proliferation of charts of accounts,
- there is no uniform cost center and profit center structure or
- Companies use different reporting characteristics.
All this, however, makes a key figure-oriented and efficient management of a company considerably more difficult.
SAP Harmonization - the basis for improved process efficiency and control competence
Our conversion programs are able to make changes to SAP data that cannot be made by setting parameters in the SAP system.
Classical applications for such conversions are:
- Chart of accounts harmonizations
- Introduction of parallel and/or group currencies
- Reorganization or harmonization of profit center structures
- Reorganization or harmonization of segments for balance sheet reporting purposes
- Merging previously separate controlling areas
- Merging of previously separate profit areas
- Harmonization of characteristics and value fields
- Harmonization of document and material types
- Harmonisation of product hierarchies
Depending on the initial situation, several requests can be carried out simultaneously.
Jochen Knösels, Senior Project ManagerContact me if you have any questions about harmonizing your SAP system!
+41 41 4184524
SAP Master Data Harmonization
Above all, sensibly defined and maintained master data are a basic requirement for transparency, process efficiency, comparability and controllability of business processes.
For many companies, the quality of this master data does not meet the requirements, so that the above-mentioned goals hardly or only with complex mapping programs and additional evaluations have to be merged laboriously, error-prone and certainly not the compliance requirements sufficiently.
GAMBIT has experienced consultants and proven tools and methods to ensure a fast and efficient cleansing of master data.
SAP master data: harmonizations and conversions
GAMBIT uses SAP-certified tools of the SAP component SAP Landscape Transformation 2.0 for a multitude of master data.
Popular harmonization applications are for example
- Material master data harmonization
- Vendor Master Data Harmonization
- Customer Master Data Harmonization.
Complete data cleansing
If these scenarios are used, duplicates can be cleaned up completely, including historical document data. In addition to these "classics", there are numerous other master data objects that can be part of a master data harmonization program.
These often include:
- chart of accounts
- Characteristics and value fields
- Product groups and hierarchies
- Merchandise categories and hierarchies
- Material and document types
SAP-based conversion options and corresponding mapping architectures exist for almost all common data objects.
SAP harmonization done - and then?
Harmonized SAP structures and data enable a multitude of new, previously unused possibilities.
Examples of this are:
- Increased efficiency through the use of integrated intercompany processes
- Improved real-time order and backorder tracking
- Real-time comparability of all locations, branches and plants
- Use of dashboards for a condensed presentation of key performance and risk indicators
- Flexible, time and cost efficient SAP roll-outs to connect additional companies or locations
- Simplified introduction of shared services