Your chances with the Cloud - and GAMBIT
Whether public or private cloud solution - those who rely on the cloud and SAP have many options. GAMBIT helps you find the best offer for your goals.
Are you thinking about the cloud for the first time? Or have you already decided on a cloud variant? Either way, GAMBIT supports you in all phases of planning and implementation.
The move to the cloud needs specialists. GAMBIT is such a specialist - certified, experienced in dealing with methods and models and an official SAP Cloud Partner. What else do you need?
The cloud has immense advantages. But on-premise still has its advantages too. You want to make a decision now for the future of your company? We will be happy to help you!
Thomas Pasquale, Managing PartnerDo you have any questions? I will be glad to help you.
+41 41 4184524
Many paths lead to the cloud with SAP, but which is the right one?
Private Edition or Public Edition, GROW with SAP or RISE with SAP - it is easy to lose track of the variety of terms used in SAP offerings.
But one thing is clear: SAP has been pursuing a clear "cloud-first" strategy for several years - towards modular solutions.
The added value for companies is obvious: This operating model reduces the acquisition costs for ERP systems. Implementations are possible more quickly. And last but not least, companies can use and implement innovations and new technologies more quickly.
5 advantages of cloud solutions with SAP S/4HANA
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Faster return on investment
- Greater flexibility and speed
- Improved governance and compliance
- Rapid access to intelligent solutions
Freedom of choice: on-premise vs. cloud
SAP gives companies a choice when operating SAP S/4HANA.
The system can be operated on-premise or as one of two possible cloud solutions.
- An On-Premise system can be customized to a large extent as desired by the company (with all the advantages and disadvantages). Companies buy the licenses. In principle, the system can be installed and operated locally on site in the company's own data center or hosted by a hyperscaler or another data center service provider. In the case of hosting, the contract is then between the hyperscaler and the company. The company's own IT employees take care of the system and maintain it.
On the other hand, those who opt for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition or SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition do not buy the software.
- With the Public Cloud, the software resides on an SAP server and is used over the Internet. SAP takes care of the provision of the software, operation and maintenance (Software as a Service as a combination of subscription and operation in the cloud). The out-of-the-box SaaS solution is available as part of RISE with SAP or for new customers in the midmarket via GROW with SAP.
- The Private Cloud is operated by SAP and hosted by a hyperscaler such as Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, AWS or Alibaba Cloud (Asia Pacific Japan only). Enterprises can purchase licenses for the Private Cloud via the Software Subscription licensing model (available as RISE with SAP).
Thomas Pasquale, Managing PartnerDo you have any questions? I am happy to help!
+41 41 4184524
The Public Cloud: SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition
With SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition, SAP offers a software-as-a-service solution. SAP provides the server, operates the system and performs any updates.
The model is best suited for companies that want to go fully "back to standard" with immediately available best-practice processes or whose core business consists primarily of processes that are already standardized, such as in sales, inventory management, or controlling.
The Public Edition is available as part of RISE with SAP or for new customers in the midmarket via GROW with SAP. The GROW package includes the cloud product, methods, tools and services for implementation, as well as access to training, education and the SAP community.
Benefits of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition:
- Lean, highly flexible, out-of-the-box SaaS solution.
- Extensive use of SAP best practices
- Regular, possible updates (2 times a year)
- Side-by-side extensions via SAP BTP, via in-app extensions (key users), as on-stack development or with embedded steampunk
- No modification of the code possible
- Fastest implementation
- Lowest total cost of ownership
The Private Cloud: RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition
This cloud solution is currently the most popular option for many companies.
Its great advantage is that it combines the functional scope and expandability of on-premise operation with the benefits of a cloud solution. The scope of the solution corresponds to the on-premise solution.
By combining it with RISE with SAP, SAP also provides companies with a wide range of useful tools and service offerings that facilitate the path to the cloud and enable permanent transformation.
Unlike the Public Edition, this variant can be introduced with Greenfield, but also with Brownfield or via the path of selective migration. The private cloud is operated by SAP and hosted by a hyperscaler such as Google Cloud or Amazon Web Services.
Benefits of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition:
- Full scope (25 industries and 64 countries)
- All switchover scenarios possible
- Fast deployment
- Regular, possible updates (1 time per year)
- In-app extensibility including key-user and classic ABAP extensibility
- Code modifications possible (but not recommended)
- Extensions possible via the SAP BTP Extension Suite extension kit, no restrictions on whitelisted APIs
- Numerous partner add-ons available
- Lower total cost of ownership than on-premise
Hybrid cloud solutions
If a company runs its SAP ERP system on-premise but transfers the processes of its subsidiary(ies) to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, it combines both worlds.
Such a hybrid ERP landscape can be set up with little effort. Companies can gradually move their ERP processes to the cloud without affecting the operation of the existing IT landscape.
SAP accommodates its customers here by letting them synergistically combine the advantages of the cloud with their established on-premise systems.
In practice, a company often operates its core business and its core processes, with which it differentiates itself from the competition, on-premise. In this way, it can best use the configuration options to adapt the SAP business logic to its own requirements.
Why you should start with GAMBIT in the cloud
You are using SAP ERP and want to know if the SAP S/4HANA Cloud as Public or Private Edition is a serious alternative to the on-premise solution?
Are you a new SAP customer and looking for a specialist to implement an SAP cloud solution in your company?
You have already decided on a specific SAP S/4HANA Cloud and are looking for a partner who can advise and support you in all phases of an implementation?
Talk to us - we are an official SAP S/4HANA Cloud Partner of SAP, have all the necessary certificates and are proficient in methodology and procedure models.
We offer a fully comprehensive "360-degree offer": from licenses to roadmap, design and implementation to the topics of maintenance and service.
This is what we offer:
- A high level of business, IT and implementation expertise
- Proven and proprietary roadmap and procedure models
- Short project lead times
- Immediately available standard processes for many sectors and industries
- Simple and transparent pricing model
- Certified license partner for SAP S/4HANA
- Design and experience new system directly in the live system
- Own digital education concepts and e-learning
- More than 200 consultants in Germany and Switzerland
When will you take off for the cloud?
Do you have questions about our services, SAP's cloud solutions, RISE with SAP or GROW with SAP? Would you like to know what a cloud-based solution could look like in your company or are you interested in a roadmap?
Talk to our experts about your options. We will be happy to answer your questions and present the solutions to you in detail.
Emre Cetin, Sales ExecutiveLet me help you take your first steps into the cloud!
+41 79 533 47 16